Saturday, July 31, 2010
Super Vegan Salad
Bonanza of vegetables!
1 T cooking oil
1 bu lacinato kale, washed and sliced thinly
salt & pepper TT
1 sm yellow onion, sliced thinly
1/2 C vinegar
1 large pinch each salt and pepper
1 C cashews
1 t olive oil
1 pinch salt
1/2 t curry powder
1 lemon, juiced
1 t masala kala or another masala spice blend
1/2 t salt
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 bu celery, peeled & sliced thinly
4 Persian cucumbers, washed & diced
4-5 heirloom carrots, washed & sliced thinly
1/2 C dried cherries
1. Toss the onion with the vinegar, salt and pepper and enough water to cover in a small container. Soak the onions for at least and hour and drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the cooking oil. Add the kale, season and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Toss the cashews with the olive oil, curry powder and pinch of salt. Set aside.
4. Whisk together the lemon juice, masala kala, 1/2 t salt and 1/2 C olive oil.
5. Toss all ingredients together and serve.