Thank you Sarah Lemione for writing these recipes!
Collard Greens Penne
2 boxes penne pasta
1 bunch collard greens
two cans diced tomatoes
16 ounces water
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C parsley, diced
1//2 C basil, diced
1/2 C green onions, diced
1. Boil salted water for pasta in a large pot. Add pasta to water, boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain.
2. Add oil to a pan, add largely chopped collard greens and diced onion. Let the greens and onion brown.
3. Add minced garlic
4. Add 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 C water to the pan.
5. Add 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper
6. In a different pan, brown onions and garlic
7. Add salt and pepper, 1 can tomatoes, 1 C water, allow this to simmer on medium-low heat.
8. Add diced green onions, diced parsley and basil. Continue to simmer for up to 30 minutes
9. Add the contents from your second pan to the first pan. Pour all the sauce over your drained pasta and enjoy.
Potatoes, chopped into smallish cubes
Garbanzo Beans, 2 cans
3 Cloves of garlic
1 bunch collard greens, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 if using convection oven, to 400 if using a convection oven.
2. Onions, tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and minced garlic. Lay out evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until brown.
3. Toss the mushrooms in olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay out evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until bacon aromas start to fill your nostrils.
4. Drain two cans of garbanzo beans and rinse. Mix with grunions and lemon oil, set asid.
5. Pour sunflower seeds into a pan and roast with lemon juice.
6. Toss collard greens in olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice. Roast until crispy.